* 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
* 1 medium eggplant
* olive oil
* 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
* 1 cup red wine
* 1/2 cup hot water
* 1 garlic clove
* 1 teaspoon dried leaf basil, crumbled
* 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
* salt and pepper
* 1 cup chopped onion
* 2 cups chopped green bell pepper
* 1/4 cup sliced black olives
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Slice eggplant into 1/4-inch rounds; fry in a nonstick skillet in hot oil on both sides until tender. Drain on brown paper or paper towels. Combine tomato paste, wine, water, garlic, basil, and salt, turmeric, and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add green bell pepper, chopped onion, and olives. Cook for 5 minutes longer.
Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles in a buttered shallow baking dish. Cover noodles with a layer of eggplant slices and several spoonfuls of the sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used. Bake eggplant lasagna at 350° for 30 minutes. Eggplant lasagna serves 8. Enjoy !